Sunday, December 06, 2009

Songs That Might Otherwise Pass You By

Songs That Might Otherwise Pass You By

The podcast show notes are in the post before this one

Caitlin Rose (Live from Laundromatinee)
"Sinful Wishing Well" and "Shanghai Cigarettes"

(I posted a video of her live performance at the end of this post)

When I was growing up, the only country music I liked was the stuff my Uncle had in his record collection--Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Tanya Tucker, Hank Williams, Conway Twitty and Roy Orbison (that's what I can remember at this time, anyway). That style has remained the type of country music I like, and the newer artists whom I think capture that older style well are the country artists I like now. Sometimes I find some new gems who sing in old, old styles...

Website
Myspace


"I know she gettin' me my pecan pie, er else I'll whoop her".


Neko Case, , "Magpie in the Morning"

And here's another gal with a sixties influence and a beautiful, heartwrenching voice...

Website (More mp3s here)
Myspace
Neko will be on this show on Wednesday, December 16th on the Sundance Channel


Music collaborations come from the strangest of places...


Shout Out Louds, "Walls"

This has nothing to do with the theme I'd been developing...it's just an awesomely good song.

Website
Myspace


The Shout Out Louds are no longer content with just Shouting Out Loud. Now, they must climb to the Highest of Heights to Shout Even Farther Out Loud.


Caitlin Rose - Sinful Wishing Well from LaundroMatinee on Vimeo.





This is another song that I found that I like

No comments: