Thursday, November 22, 2007

My favorite podcasts and videocasts

These are the podcasts of my life. I listen to them while I'm at work, while I'm walking, on the bus, in the grocery store, and sometimes just lying on the couch with my boyfriend. They are not mere time-fillers, though. They mean a lot more to me than that. They introduce me to new music, give me insight into issues that directly affect me, like how to podcast a novel, what Kaito Nakamura's power really was, whether Claire and Adam Monroe are really related, who is the best candidate for President. All very important subjects to me. I look forward to these podcasts; I know the upload schedule for most of them. Thursday? Another DL.TV. Wednesday? Cranky Geeks. Sunday or Monday? 9th Wonders Podcast (BTW, I've had letters of mine read on 9th Wonders, DL.TV--actually they played a video question of mine-- and East Meets West. Yes, I am that special.)

Sadly, the people I work with still don't know what a podcast is. Eh, but the only TV they watch is Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives, and I doubt they're losing sleep over who to vote for. So, I'm not too chagrined that they don't know about this aspect of my life.

For each podcast, I listed the generic RSS feed (though in some cases it made more sense to link to the website itself). Please note, though, that in some cases other subscription feeds are available on each podcast's website, such as iTunes or other specific podcatchers. An RSS feed is a catch-all, though, and will work in any feed catcher. If you have any questions about how to subscribe to podcasts, please e-mail me and I'd be happy to help. Here's a pretty good video tutorial..

If any of these links don't work, please let me know.

Music

Cerulean's Love of Music (Hee hee--of course!)
Coverville
Indiefeed (Alternative/Modern Rock)
Indiefeed (Indie Pop)
Interface, The
Ioda Cast
KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic
KEXP Song of the Day
Well-Rounded Radio (Look to the right for several subscription options)
Woxy.com Lounge Acts

Technology

Buzz Out Loud
CNET Live
Command N (Video, look to the left of the page for several subscribing options)
Cranky Geeks (There are several feeds, including audio-only, on the left-hand side of this page)
Daily Giz Wiz, The
DL.TV (There are several feeds, including audio-only, on the left-hand side of this page)
The Gadgetboyz Podcast
Geek News Central Podcast
Net @ Nite
Real Deal, The
Systm (Video, Feed options are on the right)
Tekzilla (Video, Feed options are on the right)
This Week in Tech
Unwired (Videocast) (Mention also goes to their affiliated game videocast, Play:Digital)
WebbAlert (Video)

TV

2 Irish Geeks and a TV
9th Wonder
The 10th Wonder
Galactica Watercooler (There are many options for subscribing to this audio podcast on the right-side of the page)

Paranormal

Beyond Reality
Crossroads Paranormal Radio
Ghostology
KAPS Paranormal Radio


Political

KCRW's Left, Right & Center
Truthdig
Slate's Political Gabfest
NPR It's All Politics
Shields and Brooks, from the Newshour with Jim Lehrer

General Culture

The Dawn and Drew Show
Discus (DVD Review Videocast)
East Meets West
Geek Fu Morning Show
Geeks On
Mahalo Daily
The Onion Radio News
Random Signal
NPR's This American Life
Slice of Scifi

Podcast Novels (and probably non-fiction, too--if it doesn't involve aliens, I'm usually not interested)

Podiobooks (Lots and lots of books)
J.C. Hutchins' 7th Son
Scott Sigler

Writing

Adventures in Scifi Publishing
I Should Be Writing
The Survival Guide to Writing Fantasy

No comments: