Sunday, December 13, 2009

Songs That Might Otherwise Pass You By

Songs That Might Otherwise Pass You By


NOTE: Well, I put the band "The Swell Season" on my blog because I thought they were swell. I got a DMCA take notice, so I won't listen to their music anymore. I even removed the mention of them from this post because I don't want to promote them at all. All of the songs in this post, including The Swell Seasons, were gotten directly from Minnesota Public Radio. The notice doesn't bother to tell me which song, so I had to remove them all, but I'm sure it was The Swell Season. When I got the DMCA take down notice before, The Swell Season was included in the post (another legitimately found link), but I thought it certainly couldn't be them, because their label's tagline is something like real artists who do music their own way. They seemed to really understand the model of legitimate online promotion. It has to be them, though--they're the only band that appeared in both posts.

God Help The Girl, "Come Monday Night"
(Stuart Murdoch, the mastermind behind Belle and Sebastian, also put this group together).

Website
Myspace


Stuart Murdoch is the less pretty one all the way on the left


Zee Avi, "Bitter Heart>"

Website
Myspace
Label Site


Zee Avi rubs her magic necklace, contemplating if you are indeed worthy of existence...

NOTE: Well, I put the band "The Swell Season" on my blog because I thought they were swell. I got a DMCA take notice, so I won't listen to their music anymore.

No comments: