Sunday, July 11, 2010

Songs That Might Otherwise Pass You By, Part Two

*Note: the way this MP3 is configured, it's not playable on the little insta-player on my website. You can either drag it on to a media player, click on it to have it play in its own window or listen to it streaming on her site or Toolshed's site, before you download it. It's still downloadable, it just doesn't play directly on my blog.

Kristen Hersh, "Rubidoux"
(MP3 courtesy of Toolshed Media Promotions. The entire album is available for streaming--click on the flower.)

Kristen Hersh never disappoints with her music. I can't say that with all the musicians I like--most of them have at least a few songs where I'm like "uh...wouldn't this be better as a B-side to a track that never exists?" But not with Kristen.

Website (I'm reading her blog, and it sounds like we have something in common--epilepsy. It doesn't seem appropriate to "Yay" that, so I'll just leave it at that.)
Facebook
Kristen also has demos for download on her Cash music page. She asks for a contribution if you can afford it (because even angels have to eat...yes, that was a dorky thing to say).


Wait...did Flo from those Progressive commercials used to be in Throwing Muses? No way!!!

No comments: