Sunday, November 13, 2005

Five Songs I'm Loving This Week


Okay, just a bit of a warning. I'm still sick (as I have been for a month and a half), but for the last four days I've been suffering from a severe reaction to amoxicillen. All I'm saying is that apparently I'm allergic and just didn't know it. I know it now and will probably be dealing with the ramifications for the rest of the week.

So, I'm prone to outbursts and non-sensical ravings (like any week) but I'm also in pain, so this will be a very short post.

The first song I'm listing I've been playing for months. It's one of my favorite songs in existence, and for some reason it appears I've never posted it before. I think I just kept forgetting; I don't know. It's an awesome song, though. It's called "The Orange Billboard", and it's by a Swedish band called Moonbabies (I love the Swedish bands).

The next song I just downloaded a few days ago, but I'm really liking it. It's called "Something Better" and it's by Mono Taxi. They're an English/French band (mon, Oui!) and I'd never heard of them until I downloaded this song. I downloaded it from Playlouder's Singles Club, but you'll have to sign up to get access to it (Mon Dieu!).

The next song might not be to everyone's taste. I like it, and hey--another Swedish band! The name of the band is Amandines and the song is "Blood and Marrow". It's kind of folkish, with a little bit of a country twang. I happen to think it's brilliant :)

I know I've scandalized the online world by embracing hip-hop. Whatever, Aiight? I'm not ready to trade in my Farscape t-shirt for a hoodie, yet. Anyways, I found this on CNET music downloads all by my lonesome. I was looking for Dangermouse and I followed the "similar artists" link and happened upon this (I feel so ghetto when I use phrases like "happened upon". Yo.) So, I am quite fond of the song "Master Flows," and also I would recommend listening to "Neila Instrumental". Those are the two best songs, in my opinion. I'm waiting for the others to grow on me.

Crap. I thought I was done. I need one more song. Quick--a retroactive song!

The first CD I ever bought of Tori Amos' (one of the first cds I ever bought period, come to think of it) was her EP for Crucify (I felt a little wicked looking up "crucify" with all the Christmas stuff on the amazon page. Just another way in which I differ from the larger percentage of the population). Oh my God, that EP changed my life. She had a beautiful cover of the Rolling Stones' "Angie" on there and oh my God the version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was incredible! Since I don't have those songs on my computer (come to think of it--where is that EP? I haven't seen it in a long, long time...) I shall put the song I do
have that actually happens to be my favorite from the EP. I shall put her version of Led Zeppelin's "Thank You." This song just proves how versatile that band was. Since this song is on Megaupload, it'll only be up for seven days.

Okay, I'm off to whimper some more.

No comments: