Saturday, April 25, 2009

Songs That I Might Have Written About Had I Not Busted My Ass Last Night

Okay, so I'm not feeling the whole "writing" thing today. Why am I feeling so down? So bummed? Well, it has a little bit to do with me going out last night and jumping up and down to "Footloose" like I'm Kevin Bacon and it's 1984. Well, I'm sure Kevin Bacon wasn't 37 when he danced in that movie, and I'm not Kevin Bacon, anyway. I'm Lola, I'm 37, and I got cramps in my legs and fell down (and I mean I dropped to the floor) in front of my apartment and my legs have been very sore. So I'm unhappies today. When I'm unhappies my LOLspeak comes out. And we don't want to read a song review that uses LOLspeak. I can has melodie?

So I'm going to post a few songs, but the pain's a little bit too much for me to concentrate on writing anything.


Pela, "Good Foot on a Bad Doorstep"

Website
Myspace


The band laughs at the person with the camera...but what they don't know is, that person is going to take their picture. And maybe post it on a blog. Maybe put it in a portfolio. The boundaries are non-existant.


Gabriel Kahane, "L.A." (Live from Daytrotter. The site wants you to register, but it looks like you can hit "anonymous")

Website
Myspace


Yes, I have heard that "cat-lifting" is all the rage in exercise circles.


Bishop Allen, "Oklahoma"

Website
Myspace


Man, those Bishops sure do know how to party. Who'da thunk?

***

While I'm convalescing, I'm going to watch one of my favorite shows, Vicar of Dibley.

No comments: