Saturday, May 16, 2009

Songs That Might Otherwise Pass You By

*Podcast show notes are in the post before this one*

One of my favorite bands, The Shins, have begun touring again. They're playing a few new songs, but I haven't heard them yet. There's hopefully going to be a new album soon. They've changed their lineup. I don't know if that's for the good or the bad...we'll see...in the meantime, here are some of my most absolutely favorite of their songs:


"Kissing The Lipless", from Chutes Too Narrow


"The Past and the Pending", from Oh, Inverted World


"New Slang", from Oh, Inverted World

I couldn't find studio versions of "Those to Come" or "Know Your Onion!" on Youtube, "Know Your Onion" is on The Shins website. Go to their website and click on "media" for more videos (probably better quality than Youtube). Their Myspace also has some videos, also. Song-only for "Those To Come" is on Youtube, also.

I think I'm going to do a little less writing on this blog and stick mostly to posting music and doing my podcast. I'll still post every weekend like I have been doing for the last four years, but I started this blog to get myself back into writing. My ultimate dream in life (besides saving all the kitties, doggies and other animals from cruelty) is to write fantasy. It's been my dream since I was a kid. My b/f was supposed to make me a website that I could use as a portal for my music blog and writing. Anyways, I'm sure I'll coerce him into doing that at some point. I haven't written anything (save for half a short story that I lost once, had to rewrite and have lost again) in these four years, so I'm thinking I need to concentrate on that more. I'm still going to post music ('cause music is one of the other things that makes everything worth it), but I think I'm going to save my writing energy for my stories.

Coldplay has put their live album LeftRightLeftRightLeft for download, free, on their website. When you're signing up, if you don't want to receive e-mail, be sure to uncheck the box at the bottom. I didn't see it until the page was turning. I get too much spam already, danging.

No comments: