Sunday, January 23, 2005

FIVE SONGS I'M LOVING THIS WEEK

Arcade Fire, The "
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)" I love this band! They're not like anything I've heard. A little warning: CNET is having a little downloading trouble right now, but it's the only place I could find an mp3 for this song.

Ambulance, Ltd. "
Straight As" One of my favorite new bands.

Amy Annelle "
Soft City" This album's been out for a few years, but I've just heard of her. She's the lead singer of The Places, which is a band I like alright, but I consider too dour even for me. This song is really pretty, though. The song itself reminds me of something Lori Carson would write. I can't find where I got the mp3, so I'm linking to the Barnes & Noble site which has a sample to stream.

Aerovox "
Don't Fade Out" A little Greenday sounding (which is okay with me.) I like it. I really like the guitar.

Sleep Station "
Caroline, London 1940" It's a little boppy, which of course I love.

No comments: