Sunday, January 08, 2006

Several Songs I'm Loving This Week

*I will say it again--I have too many damn songs by this Artist band! I've got a hundred of their songs! They're all called things like "Track 1" and "Number Three". Who do they think they are--
Sigur Ros? I gotta get rid of these songs.*

Anyways, this is going to be a MEGAPOST because I feel horribly guilty for NEGLECTING my blood-- music. So I'm going to be posting all sorts of stuff. It's a new year and I'm forgetful, so I may retread some old stuff, but I don't care.

I'd like to start off by saying that one of my favorite bands, The July 26th Movement, has changed their name--they are now The Coast. Please take a few minutes to listen to the songs they stream on their site; you will not be sorry.

One of my favorite bands has become Matt Pond, PA, though I just heard about them for the first time less than a year ago. There is an actual band member named Matt Pond; In fact, on the site he's listed last in the roster of bandmembers. Ah, humility. I've posted a few songs by them; "Closer", "Closest" (No, there's not a song called "Even Closer", as far as I know) and Halloween. Since this is a new year, we're going to forgive Lola if Lola posts a song she's already posted. Lola gets tired and she took her vitamins late today. Three of my other favorites by him are "Measure 3", "Lillyone" (please click on "mp3s") and "It Is Safe". Yes, I realize he likes numbers a lot, and no, I don't know what P.A. means. Stop asking so many questions!

(By the by--I found a new site: "Mp3 Center". I just downloaded a dozen Matt Pond songs, but I'm worried; the site seems kinda too good to be true--if anyone thinks there's anything insidious about it, please let me know. If it's harmless stuff that can be erased with Ad Aware, I'm not concerned.) I also have a pop-up blocker. I'm only concerned with things that can harm my computer or give bad sites access to the information on my computer.)

I will not stop saying good things about the band Saybia. I just posted their song "It's Okay , Love", (such a pretty song) and today I will boldly and proudly post "I Surrender". There's something wonderful about surrendering oneself to someone (someone you trust, you know--not Jason from the Friday the 13th movies. That would be all kinds of wrongness, and I do not condone that. Just a disclaimer). Saybia, "I Surrender"

Today I shall plug this song also, 'cause I love it. I'd never heard of the band before a week and two days ago and I'd never heard the song. I can't get it out of my head, though, so I shall give you all the honor of having it stuck in your heads, too. It's called "Rewind" and it's by a band called Goldspot.

I posted a link to Rosie Thomas' song "I Play Music" quite a few months ago, and I still love that song. I now am in possession of another song (Oh aren't I clever) entitled "Pretty Dress". It's a beautiful song, and she's one of the best things on Sub Pop (a label already possessing so many good bands/musicians.)

I've loved all of the songs I've heard on Between the Pine's myspace page. I found them through one of the dozens of blogs I visited today, and maybe through hypnotherapy I could remember which site, but until then it will be a mystery. I'm just happy that I found them. The four songs featured here are all awesome in their own right, but I'll push "This Ocean's Too Big". Go ahead and listen to them all, though.

I think when I posted this last year, I only posted a stream. I just happened to come across an mp3 of "Ageless Beauty" by Stars, though. (Warning: Direct link.) I like all the songs I've heard by them so far; maybe I'll look for some more mp3s.

Ooh! Pretty song! I didn't know there was a such genre as Indietronic, but now that I hear it, I think I understand it! This song is called "Never Be Another" and it's by M. Grief. It sounds like someone took an indie song and infused it with lots and lots of electronic noise. I rather like the combination. A piano, too!

I'll close this post out for tonight, though I've got several more songs I could add. I'm going to be better about posting, I promise. I've been lost in a cloud but gravity's taking it's rightful ownership of my body and my mind. The last song I'll post is a really nice kind of alt-country song called "Emily" by Scattered Pages. Once again I'd never heard the band before, but I really, really am liking this song.

Goodbye for now. Hope everyone's doing well :)

No comments: