Sunday, April 03, 2005

Five Songs I'm Loving This Week

QR5, "
The Easiest Line." Okay, I know I said I never feature a band twice, but I had to this time. This song is awesome. I love it more than the song I featured a few weeks ago.

Sunny So Brite, "Lately." This song is a few years old; it's from their 2002 EP Something Sinister Inside Me, but it's new to me. I'd never heard of them until about a month ago. I really adore this song, and of course, they're from Birmingham, Alabama. I'm from Birmingham, Alabama. All the signs are right for me to adore this band.

Pete Miser, "Scent of a Robot." Okay, so I don't like that much hip-hop. I like even less rap. However, a Scifi rap song? About robots? Oh, I am so there.

I have the lyrics stuck in my head:

"I'm a Robot
Programmed not to know
That I'm a robot
Some dumb fuck e-mailed me
The computer code that makes up my soul"

The MP3 is above, and here's the video.

The Invisible Cities, "Regret." Go about midway down, and it's listed under Sixpack #39. It's a cover of the excellent New Order song "Regret." I'm impressed with their version; they've made it different, but still recognizable.

Halifax Pier, "Lightly Noise." I went ahead and made this a direct link because there's no way to bookmark the page with the mp3. I hope they don't mind. If they do, then they'll tell me. This song is a few years old also, unfortunately. I downloaded almost every mp3 available on Temporary Residence's website, and this was my favorite.

No comments: